After the post I put up on Instagram a couple of weeks, and hearing so many of you had already packed your bags, I got my bum into gear and packed mine the day after. I also asked in the caption for things you wish you’d packed or couldn’t have lived without, I’ll put a * next to those just so you know.
I got really emotional packing but felt so relieved once it was done. It took quite a while gathering up everything (longer than I thought) so I would recommend you do it sooner rather than later. The last thing you want to be doing is running round packing your bag when you’re in labour.
- Toiletries – Basic toiletries, brush, toothbrush/paste, shower gel, deodorant, moisturiser, face wash/wipes, etc. I got miniatures of everything incase I wanted to wash my hair, I even packed a mini dry shampoo* incase I didn’t want to wash my hair but wanted it freshening up. I also packed nipple cream, arnica cream (bruising)* and stretch mark cream. I packed a little bottle of light perfume because it always makes me feel better
- Breast Pads & Maternity Pads – Lots of.
- Comfy, large knickers – Again I packed lots of these, just incase.
- 2 x nursing bras and 1 bandeau bra
- 1 nightie, 1 pair of pjs that button up for easy breastfeeding access and one of Mitch’s old baggy t shirts…You never know what you’ll want to wear in labour I’ve been told?!
- Dressing gown
- Socks and slippers
- Lip balm* – Apparently your lips can get really dry
- Towel *
- Flip flops for the shower* (What a good idea!)
- Coming home outfit – I packed a loose tracksuit and a pair of maternity leggings and t-shirt.
For my baby:
- 3 baby grows
- 4 vests
- A hat and 2x non scratch mittens
- 3 Muslins – Good for swaddling, and winding, etc.
- A blanket (I packed one knitted by my grandma cause I thought that it would be nice)
- A teddy (Again, I packed a teddy my older sister bought for her)
- New born nappies
- Baby wipes/Cotton wool
- A towel
- A little outfit for coming home. Who knows if I will actually dress her in it but it’s there incase.
Other important bits:
- Maternity Notes – I know we need these out now for antenatal appointments so I just keep mine by the front door so I will pass them before I leave.
- Car seat installed – the hospital wont let you leave by car without one.
- Snacks/Big bottle of water
- Change for vending machines/car parks
- A picture of your baby scan. I’ve heard lots of mums want to look at a picture during labour as it relaxes them. I’ve packed one we got from our 4D one.
I feel like I have packed lots, but I don’t pack light for anything! I probably won’t use half of the stuff I have packed but oh well.
Lots of love, Lucy x